Sec. 1 – Information on the collection of personal data
- This text provides information on the collection of personal data when you use our website. “Personal data” means all data that can relate to you personally, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and user behavior.
- The controller within the meaning of Article 4(7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is BARTH+CO SPEDITION GmbH & Co. KG, Lindberghstrasse 8, 85399 Hallbergmoos, Germany (see our legal notice). You can reach our data protection officer at email@example.com or via our mailing address, adding “Datenschutzbeauftragter.”
- If you contact us by e-mail or using our contact form, we store the data you provide (your e-mail address and possibly your name and phone number) in order to answer your questions or respond to your concerns. We erase the data that arise in this context after it is no longer necessary to store them, or restrict the processing thereof if there are statutory obligations to store this information.
Sec. 2 – Your rights
- You have the following rights toward us with regard to the personal data concerning you:
- Right of access,
- Right to rectification or erasure,
- Right to restriction of processing,
- Right to object to processing,
- Right to data portability.
- You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority regarding our processing of your personal data.
Sec. 3 – Collection of personal data when you visit our website
- If you use the website solely for informational purposes, meaning that you do not transfer any information to us, we collect only the personal data that your browser transfers to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following information, which we require in technical terms in order to display our website to you and ensure the stability and security thereof (the legal basis for this is Article 6(1), first sentence, point (f) GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of query
- Time difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Volume of data transferred in each case
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and interface
- Language and browser software version
- In addition to the data mentioned above, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive, assigned to the browser you use, and that provide certain information to the body that places the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies cannot execute any programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They are used to make the website more user-friendly and effective on the whole.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and function are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c)
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include session cookies in particular. Session cookies store what is called a session ID, which can be used to identify different queries sent by your browser as belonging to the same session. This allows us to recognize your computer if you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified amount of time, which may vary by cookie. You can use your browser’s security settings to delete cookies at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your preferences, including doing things like accepting third-party cookies or rejecting all cookies. Please note that you may not be able to use all of the features of this website.
- In addition to purely informational use of our website, we currently only offer the possibility of contacting us as described above. Accordingly, your personal data are not used beyond that via our website at present.
Sec. 4 – Objection or withdrawal of consent to process your data
- If you have consented to the processing of your data, you can withdraw your consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, this will affect the permissibility of processing of your personal data after you have notified us of the withdrawal.
- To the extent that we base the processing of your personal data on a weighing of interests, you can object to the processing thereof. This is the case if the processing thereof is, in particular, not necessary in order to fulfill a contract with you. If you exercise this right to object, please let us know the reasons you do not wish us to process your personal data as practiced by us. If you issue a legitimate objection, we will review the status of matters and either discontinue or adjust our processing of the data or let you know the compelling legitimate grounds on which we continue the processing.
Website data protection statement: Last updated May 2018